India is a teacher and nature lover living in Pennsylvania. She is passionate about nurturing young readers and connecting children with nature. India has over ten years of experience in elementary education and special education. She believes every child can learn when their individual needs are met and cultivated.
India approaches teaching with an open mind and heart. Her extensive experience teaching children with learning differences and other health impairments led her to establish SuperSprouts, an approach to learning that values all abilities.
In addition to teaching, India can be found gardening, beekeeping and, of course, reading! She lives with her husband, two children, and pet rabbit named Stewart.
- M.Ed., with a concentration in Special Education, Arcadia University
- Dual Certified: Elementary Education and Special Education
- Certified Reading Specialist with IDA Accreditation
- Horticultural Therapist, Temple University Certified
- B.A., Psychology and Sociology, Bryn Athyn College
- International Literacy Association (ILA)
- The Hospital Educator and Academic Liaison Association (HEAL)
- Council for Exceptional Children (CEC)
- The Mid-Atlantic Horticultural Therapy Network (MAHTN)
- The American Horticultural Therapy Association (AHTA)
Please contact me with any questions or to set up an appointment.
India Simons, M.Ed.